Books to Watch in 2018 – Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble kicks off the start of the New Year with some must read books in 2018.
The books below are just some of the many titles that have recently landed or will come out in 2018, ranging from the uplifting and insightful, to the dark and mysterious.
- The Female Persuasion, Meg Wolitzer – The author of the acclaimed novel The Interestings makes her much anticipated return with a wide-sweeping and timely story about womanhood and ambition, mentorship, and the circumstances that both shape and change the ideals we begin with in our youth. April 3
- The Great Alone, Kristin Hannah – This bestselling novelist is sure to bring in new fans with her gripping tale of a former POW who takes his family off the grid in Alaska. February 6
- The President is Missing, Bill Clinton & James Patterson – What do you get when you combine a former president and one of our most beloved thriller writers? A page-turner with one-of-a-kind insight into the White House. June 4
- The Woman in the Window, A.J. Finn – This debut thriller writer, who is also a senior-level publishing executive, has penned a gripping tale about a reclusive neighbor who witnesses a startling act. Current
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway, Ruth Ware – Ruth Ware, the author of The Woman in Cabin 10 and known as the Agatha Christie of our time, returns with a haunting mystery about a dubious inheritance that falls into the wrong person’s hands. May 29
- The Outsider, Stephen King – The King of horror returns with a crime story like no other, as a small town is shocked when a respected member of the community is accused of murdering a young boy. May 22
New Age & Spirituality
- I’ve Been Thinking, Maria Shriver – This former First Lady of California, journalist, and activist, provides inspirational thoughts, quotes, prayers, and reflections on finding purpose, passion, and joy in the face of adversity. February 27
- Fire and Fury, Michael Wolff – This controversial look into the White House caught fire at the start of the New Year and is still in high demand as we enter mid-January. Current
- Marley Dias Gets It Done: And So Can You!, Marley Dias – This young activist and feminist explores social justice, volunteerism, equity and inclusion, and using social media for good in this book that draws from her experiences and champions literacy. January 30
- She Persisted Around the World: 13 Women Who Changed History, Chelsea Clinton, Illustrator Alexandra Boiger – In this companion to her bestselling She Persisted, Chelsea Clinton tells the story of 13 incredible women who have shaped history around the world. March 6
- I’ve Loved You Since Forever, Hoda Kotb, Illustrator Suzie Mason – The Today Show’s Hoda Kotb presents a heartwarming story of the adoption of her baby girl in this celebratory and poetic testament to the timeless love felt between parent and child. March 6.