Coral Blue is a color option for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced the addition of Coral Blue as a color option for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ in the United States. The Coral Blue versions will be available for purchase exclusively at Best Buy and Samsung.com beginning July 21.
Consumers will be able to choose from Verizon, AT&T and Sprint carrier-specific versions of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ at Best Buy, as well as the unlocked versions available at Best Buy and Samsung.com. From July 21 to July 29* at Best Buy, consumers can receive up to $400 off the retail price of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ with a qualified purchase or activation1. Visit BestBuy.com for full terms and conditions.
In addition to Coral Blue, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are available in Midnight Black, Arctic Silver and Orchid Gray.
Samsung.com will include Coral Blue as an option to its ever-growing portfolio of unlocked Galaxy smartphones. As part of the Unlocked by Samsung category, the unlocked Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ can be used on most U.S. and international networks, giving consumers more control over how they use their smartphone. Samsung.com will also feature a limited time promotion1 of $150 off the retail price for both the Coral Blue and Midnight black versions of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. Further, consumers can take advantage of Samsung’s Trade-In program2 that allows smartphone owners to trade in eligible devices and receive a credit toward the purchase of an unlocked Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+.
Both Best Buy and Samsung.com will have matching Samsung cases to complement the exclusive Coral Blue color option.
Galaxy S8 and S8+ Features
- Infinity Display: Available in 5.8-inch (Galaxy S8) and 6.2-inch models (Galaxy S8+), the Infinity Display and near bezel-less design form a smooth, continuous surface without harsh angles. The result is a large display, not a large phone. The compact design enables comfortable one-handed operation and features Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 on both the front and back.
- Premium Camera: The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ feature Samsung’s most advanced smartphone camera3 for professional-level photos regardless of light, focus or motion. The rear camera features a bright f/1.7 lens and large 1.4 µm pixels to capture more light when there’s not enough around, so you can get amazing shots — even at night. Both devices also feature an enhanced Smart Auto Focus on the front-facing camera that tracks every face in frame so all your shots stay sharp and in focus, even when you’re on the go.
- Robust Entertainment: With all-day battery life on the first-ever Mobile HDR Premium certified smartphone4, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ maximize your view with an expansive Infinity Display stretching from edge to edge. The Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display brings films and shows, games and images to life in vivid detail, so you can watch them the way they were meant to be seen.
- Meet Bixby: With Bixby, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ owners will be able to navigate through select phone apps, services and settings with a combination of voice commands and touch. New voice control with Bixby allows users to do many things they do with touch. Users can ask Bixby to complete simple tasks like turning on the flashlight, taking a screen shot, or taking a selfie. With Bixby, you can also use the camera to identify landmarks, translate foreign languages or shop for products online right from the phone. Bixby will be fully integrated across several core Samsung apps at launch, with plans to continuously expand to support additional languages, features, third-party apps and devices.
- Powerful Performance: Packing powerful performance and connectivity, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ feature the industry’s first 10 nm chip, enabling heightened speed and efficiency.
Samsung continues to deliver cutting-edge technology to the devices that users love, including:
- IP68 water and dust resistance5
- MicroSD support up to 256GB6
- Always-on display
- Fast and wireless charging capabilities7
*Best Buy AT&T promotional offer will only be available from July 21 – July 22
1 Promotions are subject to change
3 Compared to Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge camera.
4 Mobile HDR Premium as certified by the UHD Alliance.
5 Water resistant in up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes; rinse residue/dry after wet.
6 MicroSD/local SIM cards, sold separately.
7 Fast charging requires Adaptive Fast Charging (AFC) or Quick Charge 2.0-compatible charger to work. Testing under laboratory conditions. Results may vary. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls and voice, data and other applications usage patterns.