Speck’s Presidio ULTRA for iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: Rugged, Durable Case
Speck released its iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus lineup, which includes its most rugged and protective case yet, Presidio ULTRA. Speck is also releasing improved versions of Presidio GRIP and the No. 1 best-selling clear case* Presidio CLEAR, and a brand new metallic collection. The entire line of cases for the new iPhones features fresh fall colors and new patterns.
Presidio ULTRA is Speck’s toughest case yet, designed to withstand extreme drops and resist the elements. Presidio ULTRA is drop tested up to 15 feet, features four layers of protection, offers 360 degree port coverage and is dirt and dust resistant.
Presidio ULTRA is designed to be flexible for those who never have the same day twice, whether that’s a working parent on the go, or the weekend warrior who clocks out from their 9 to 5 and then heads straight into adventure. Presidio ULTRA starts with a dual-layer, one-piece Presidio case, which provides slim 10-foot drop protection that’s perfect for daily use. By adding the IMPACTIUM ULTRA Bumper, the case becomes ultra-protective, ready to defend against drops, dirt, dust and whatever else might come its way.
“We wanted to make an ultra-protective case in a way that felt authentic to Speck,” said Speck VP of Design Bryan Hynecek. “Presidio ULTRA is unique in that its convertible to give customers options of rugged protection when they need it, and slim protection when they don’t.”
Speck has also made improvements to two of its most popular cases, Presidio CLEAR and Presidio GRIP. By employing a sophisticated microdot technology, the No. 1 best-selling clear case in the U.S., Presidio CLEAR, is now even more clear and continues to resist UV yellowing and scratches. The ridges on Presidio GRIP have been redesigned with an improved grip geometry, resulting in a more tactile hold.
Speck is also introducing a metallic collection for the first time. Presidio METALLIC provides 10-foot drop protection and comes in five of this season’s top colors: rose gold, gold, tungsten grey, taro purple and peppermint green. The assortment features chic jewel tones with a scratch-resistant finish, the perfect accessory to complement the newest iPhones.
The full Speck lineup for iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus includes:
- Presidio ULTRA ($49.95 – $54.95) — Rugged, slim case with 15-foot drop protection and 360 degree port coverage
- Presidio ($39.95 – $44.95) — Superior slim protection with IMPACTIUM™ Shock Barrier
- Presidio CLEAR ($39.95 – $44.95) — The best selling clear case in the U.S.*, now with improved clarity
- Presidio GRIP ($39.95 – $44.95) — Improved grip geometry offers a more tactile hold
- Presidio METALLIC ($44.95 – $49.95) — Shimmery tones with 10-foot drop protection
- Presidio INKED ($44.95 – $49.95) — Vivid, durable designs offer expressive style
- Presidio CLEAR + PRINT ($44.95 – $49.95) — Embedded designs won’t fade or scratch
- Presidio CLEAR + GLITTER ($44.95 – $49.95) — Glitter crystals embedded in the case add sparkle that won’t flake off
- Presidio GRIP + GLITTER ($49.95) — New from Speck! A no-slip grip, plus glitter crystals embedded into the case’s opaque polycarbonate shell
- Presidio SHOW ($39.95 – $44.95) — 10-foot drop protective case with a clear back and a bumper that seamlessly matches the iPhone
- Presidio WALLET ($44.95 – $49.95) — Securely holds three cards or cash
*The NPD Group / Retail Tracking Service / Cellphone Device Protection / Sep-July 2017 Total Units