Thanksgiving Day Meal Help – On-Line or Toll Free Hotlines
Whether it be surfing the Web or dialing a toll-free phone number, California consumers will have plenty of help this holiday season in preparing the perfect Thanksgiving meal.
The California Poultry Federation (CPF) offers a convenient one-stop location on its website — www.cpif.org — for those consumers looking for timely tips on preparing the perfect holiday meal. CPF is the state’s only trade association representing all segments of the poultry industry, including turkey production and marketing companies.
Consumers can find the perfect fresh turkey for roasting, meal preparation tips and tasty recipes on the websites of CPF members:
- Foster Farms – https://www.fosterfarms.com/turkey-tips/
- Zacky Farms – www.zacky.com
- Pitman Farms – Mary’s Free Range Turkeys www.marysturkeys.com
- Willie Bird Turkeys – www.williebird.com
- Mrs. Cubbison’s – dressing and recipes www.mrscubbisons.com
- Volk Enterprises – home of the Pop-Up Timer http://www.volkenterprises.com/consumer/
Also listed are the traditional toll-free hotlines for consumer questions and cooking tips:
- Foster Farms Foster Farms Helpline is available Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PST. Consumers can call 1-800-255-7227 with turkey questions.
- Zacky Farms Zacky Farms helpline is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., PST. Consumers can call 1-800-888-0235.
- USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline For food safety tips and more, call the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-674-6854. The hotline is available year round Monday through Friday.
“The CPF website offers us the ability to provide 24-hour-a-day turkey preparation information to consumers,” noted CPF President Bill Mattos. “With time being such a short commodity these days, we hope this site helps consumers access the information they need quickly and efficiently.”