Pre-Black Friday Deals Start Early At Toys”R”Us
Black Friday is only a little more than a month away, but the deals are starting even sooner. Loyal Toys”R”Us® shoppers can expect to find copies of this year’s highly-anticipated holiday catalog, The Ultimate Guide to Play – in homes beginning Thursday, October 19 and in newspapers on Sunday, October 29. With 41 percent of customers starting their shopping in October*, Toys”R”Us is kicking off hot deals beginning Thursday, October 26 running through Saturday, November 18, including on items from the company’s Holiday Hot Toy List that are topping kids’ wish lists, such as FurReal Roarin’ Ivory the Playful Tiger ($15 savings), Doc McStuffins Baby All-in-One Nursery ($20 savings), and Imaginext® DC Super Friends™ Batbot Xtreme ($15 savings)**.
Parents have relied on this go-to gift-guide for decades as a source of inspiration and fun and this year, we’ve added a number of new elements to cement our position as champions of play for kids everywhere.
- Parents Night Out: Toys”R”Us is giving parents the opportunity to shop sans kids during special Parents Night Out Events on Sunday, November 12 and Thursday, November 30 from 8-10pm local time***. During these grown-up events, gift-buyers will have access to a designated shopping expert, hot toy demonstrations, games for the big kids at heart (hot chocolate bar, raffles and more), and sweepstakes.
- Play Lab: Need a play break? On Sunday, November 1, 42 Toys”R”Us locations across the country will update their stores to add Play Labs – a space where families can test out the hottest toys of the season (while gift-givers shop for them). To find a Play Lab near you, visit https://www.toysrus.com/playlab.
- Play Chaser: The company’s new AR app, Play Chaser, is bringing stores virtually to life through an interactive gaming experience, and now it is helping kids quickly and easily assemble an interactive list of their favorite toys from The Ultimate Guide to Play catalog. To download Play Chaser visit, https://www.toysrus.com/playchaser.
Toys”R”Us wants holiday shoppers to take advantage of services that are offered throughout the year, including:
- Price Match: There’s no need for shoppers to visit multiple retailers to get the best deal. If customers find a hot toy (or any toy) advertised at a lower price at another store, Toys”R”Us will honor its Price Match Guarantee. New this holiday season, for every customer that takes advantage of our Price Match Promise now through Sunday, December 24, Toys”R”Us will donate $1 to the Marine Toys For Tots Foundation (up to $1 million). To learn more about Toys “R”Us’ Price Match Promise visit https://www.toysrus.com/pricematch
- Layaway and Then Some: Toys”R”Us will once again offer free layaway services this holiday season, waiving the usual fee. Plus, beginning Sunday, November 5, through Saturday, December 9, Toys”R”Us will pay off one individual’s layaway order per day (up to $200)****. For more information about Toys”R”Us’ Layaway, visit https://www.toysrus.com/layaway.
For more on this year’s Ultimate Guide to Play or holiday services available at Toys”R”Us, visit the company’s corporate blog, No Assembly Required.
* National Retail Federation, Retailers to Prepare for Post-Election Holiday Shopping
** While supplies last, no rainchecks.
*** Toys”R”Us stores in the U.S. will open at 8:00pm local time on Sunday, November 12, except for stores in Paramus, NJ, and Dedham, MA, which may have varying event dates due to local ordinances (Toys”R”Us Express and Toys”R”Us Outlet locations are excluded from this event, apart from Toys”R”Us Times Square).
**** Winners will be chosen at the end of every week and will be given a $200 gift card to Toys”R”Us stores.