thinkThin – New Line of Bars and Protein Powders
As consumers shift towards plant based nutrition and with 36% of Americans reportedly eating a vegetarian meal at least once a week,1 thinkThin, a leader in creating nutritious, protein rich foods has announced a new range of plant based protein products spanning from high protein bars to protein powders.
“Our focus on nutrition is matched only by our passion for innovation,” said Michele Kessler, CEO of thinkThin. “We estimate that plant based foods are a five billion dollar industry, and we wanted to bring to market a portfolio of products using high-quality, plant based ingredients, and still deliver the indulgent flavors our consumers expect from thinkThin.”
Building on the recently launched thinkThin Protein & Superfruit bar line, which includes one vegan bar in a Lemon Cranberry Chia flavor, the following new thinkThin® products are now rolling out to retail stores nationwide:
- Sea Salt Almond Chocolate High Protein Bar, which combines rich dark chocolate, roasted almonds and a hint of sea salt, and provides 13 grams of plant based protein and 5 grams of sugar
- Chocolate Mint High Protein Bar, with a chocolate mint flavored center covered in rich dark chocolate, and provides 13 grams of plant based protein and 5 grams of sugar
- Belgian Chocolate Protein & Probiotics Powder Mix, made with rich, European cocoa, containing 20 grams of plant based protein, prebiotic fiber and one billion CFUs live probiotics per serving
- Madagascar Vanilla Bean Protein & Probiotics Powder Mix, made with real vanilla bean and rich Madagascar vanilla flavor, 20 grams of plant based protein, prebiotic fiber and more than one billion live probiotics per serving
In addition to delivering on both elevated flavor and nutritional profiles, each of the company’s new Plant Based High Protein Bars and Protein & Probiotic Powder Mixes are also crafted with no soy ingredients, and are GMO-free, gluten free, and vegan.
“Innovating in the nutrition and food space means we have to constantly evaluate ingredient and food sources. With the growing numbers of flexitarians and consumers actively incorporating plant based foods in their meals, we knew this was a space we could lean into that would complement our current product offerings. It was just a matter of understanding which combinations of plant-based sources tasted best while still delivering category leading nutritionals,” added Kessler.
Select flavors will be rolling out to retail stores nationwide, including Whole Foods Market®, Kroger®, Target®, and Walmart®.
(1) 2015 Harris Interactive Poll