Call of Duty World League (CWL) Unveils 2018 Season
The Call of Duty® World League revealed plans for its biggest season yet beginning with the CWL Dallas Global Open on December 8. The new season featuring Call of Duty: WWII will offer six LAN Global Open events, a new CWL National Circuit, the CWL Pro League at the MLG Arena, the return of the Call of Duty World League Championship and the largest total prize pool in Call of Duty Esports history, $4.2 million.
The CWL Pro League competition, a multi-stage LAN series in which CWL Pro Points determine placement and tournament seeding, kicks off on January 23, 2018. The Pro league will feature two divisions of eight teams competing at the MLG Arena in Columbus, Ohio, presenting fans with more matches and action per stage.
This season will introduce the CWL National Circuit, composed of eight online leagues in Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK and US. Throughout the four stages of online competition, teams will compete for CWL Pro Points, travel and accommodation to a Global Open and, in the final stage, entry to the Last Chance Qualifier for the 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship.
The new season of the CWL will officially get underway online on November 3, 2017, with the release of Activision’s Call of Duty: WWII, developed by Sledgehammer Games with additional development support from Raven Software. On launch day, regional ladders in MLG GameBattles – the official destination for earning CWL Pro Points online – will begin for teams in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions.
The 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship will return in August 2018 and will feature a $1.5 million event prize pool. Additional details for the 2018 Championship will be revealed at a later date.
The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, TX, will host the year’s first Global Open event. CWL Dallas Global Open runs December 8-10. Tickets and information are available now at MLG.tv/CWLDallas.
For further details on the new season of the Call of Duty World League:
- Six Massive Open LANs for CWL Pro Points, each featuring a $200,000 Prize Pool
- Dallas, TX — December 8-10
- New Orleans, LA — January 12-14
- Atlanta, GA — March 9-11
- Three additional Global Open events to be revealed
- CWL Pro League Returns to MLG Arena in Columbus, beginning in January 2018
- Two divisions of eight teams compete this season in each Stage, expanding League play to fourteen matches per Stage
- Broadcast moving to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Top four teams in each division move onto the playoffs
- $200,000 prize pool distributed during Stage competition
- $500,000 prize pool on the line at each Stage playoff
- Stage 1 begins January 23 – March 22
- Playoffs for Stage 1 begin April 6
- Stage 2 begins May 15 – July 19
- Playoffs for Stage 2 begin July 27
- New CWL National Circuit
- Competition for top teams that did not qualify for the Call of Duty World League
- Regional competition, eight online leagues: Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK and US
- 3,000 CWL Pro Points awarded to each winning team per stage, plus $1000 prize pool for winner, and travel and accommodations to attend a select Global Open event or Last Chance Qualifier
- Stage 1 — January 26 – February 16
- Stage 2 — March 16 – April 13
- Stage 3 — May 11 – June 1
- Stage 4 — June 22 – July 13
- Call of Duty World League Championship will return in 2018
- 32 teams from around the globe compete for $1.5 million prize pool
- Additional details coming soon
- Online competition in MLG GameBattles for CWL Pro Points in all eligible regions beginning on November 3, 2017
- All qualification and seeding is based on CWL Pro Points, awarded to registered players
- Points belong to the player, not the team
- Fifteen Online CWL 2K Tournaments Throughout the Season
- 2,000 CWL Pro Points per tournament and cash prizing to winners – planned for the season per region; first tournament slated for November 12.
CWL Dallas Open tickets are available in multiple varieties. General admission passes for the event are available for $59.99 (plus applicable fees and taxes). A Premium Pass for the event is also available for $89.99 (plus applicable fees and taxes) and includes an event t-shirt and one month of MLG GameBattles Premium. A $399.99 (plus applicable fees and taxes) VIP ticket is also available and includes an event t-shirt, event jacket, one-hour early entrance to the venue, access to the VIP Lounge and more. For tickets, visit MLG.tv/CWLDallas.