LEGO Announces Building Sets Based On The LEGO NINJAGO Movie
The LEGO Group today announced that The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie will spin its way off the big screen and into playrooms around the world beginning August 2017 through a collection of 15 building sets and a new series of collectible LEGO Minifigures based on the film’s characters. Builders of all ages will have an opportunity to recreate scenes and adventures from the highly anticipated animated feature film from Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Animation Group and LEGO Systems A/S. The film opens in cinemas worldwide beginning September 22 in 2D and 3D.
“NINJAGO has captured the imaginations of kids around the world for years through building sets, a hit animated television series, and a roster of lifestyle merchandise, so we’re thrilled to introduce an amazing collection of building sets based on the highly anticipated film, The LEGO NINJAGO Movie,” said Jill Wilfert, Vice President, Licensing and Entertainment, at LEGO Group. “The breadth and variety of these toys, from dojos to mechs to subs – guarantees that NINJAGO builders will enjoy hours of action-packed building and play recreating – and hopefully expanding upon – the film’s story.”
Inspired by key moments, mechs and characters from the film, 15 building sets, ranging in price from $9.99 to $299.99, will be released in both in advance of, and following the film’s debut. Additionally, the company’s highly popular LEGO Minifigures series of blind bag packed collectible figures will introduce a Hollywood-inspired collection of 20 characters, featuring exclusive minifigure versions of characters from the film not found in any other LEGO sets, available for $3.99 each.
Beginning August 1, the following will be available at your favorite place to shop for LEGO toys:
- Spinjitzu Training Dojo – join ninja heroes at the dojo with this action-packed Spinjitzu training set, complete with Garmadon combat dummy. ($9.99)
- NINJAGO City Chase – help Lloyd, Nya and Officer Toque build and race a police tuc-tuc vehicle past a street food stall and through lantern-draped lampposts to prevent a robbery. ($19.99)
- Master Falls – team up with Master Wu and Kai to build and cross the jungle bridge with opening cage and explore a hidden cave in search of a secret map. ($29.99)
- Manta Ray Bomber – help Cole save Shen-Li using the Manta Ray Bomber, complete with two spring-loaded shooters and a detachable boat. ($29.99)
- Water Strider – battle the shark army and pretend to walk on water and climb walls with this poseable mech using the 360-degree rotating cockpit and rapid shooter. ($29.99)
- Green Ninja Mech Dragon – outwit the Green Ninja’s evil father Garmadon with this mighty mech featuring articulated snapping jaws, poseable body, swooshing tail, leg-mounted stud shooters and hidden pop-out thrusters. ($49.99)
- Lightning Jet – grab the handle of Jay’s jet to swoop down and unleash the spring-loaded shooter and trigger-activated rotating electro-disc to save Ed and Edna from the shark army’s crab, but beware of the crab’s snapping pincer and stud shooter! ($59.99)
- Fire Mech – get set for a sizzling battle with this huge mech with shoulder disc shooters and non-shooting fire blasters. ($69.99)
- Temple of Ultimate Trials – join a ninja mission to infiltrate the Temple of the Ultimate Weapon, but beware of all that stands between the ninja and the treasure chest, including a secret entrance, a trapdoor function, rock-dropping and dynamite-dropping functions, blade-shooting and chopping-sword traps, a dungeon, and a hanging cage. ($99.99)
- Destiny’s Bounty – construct Master Wu’s huge training base in this highly detailed set featuring three modular levels and a double-headed dragon, wind-up-and-release anchors, training dojo, bathroom and Wu’s bedroom in the hull – not to mention many hidden secrets. ($159.99)
Fans can also find the following sets at select retailers beginning August 1:
- Jelly Sub – join Jay in battle against the shark army and protect Takuma’s boat from flying Jelly Sub attacks. Sub features minifigure cockpit, rotating legs, flick-fire missiles and swinging tentacles. Available at Walmart stores nationwide. ($29.99)
- Garma Mecha Man – help Lloyd protect civilian Pat from attack by Garma Mecha Man, featuring spring-loaded shark blaster, ammo belt and fish tank. Available at Target stores nationwide. ($59.99)
- Ice Tank – help Zane save Patty Keys and Torben from the shark soldiers using this cool vehicle featuring big tracks, ice cannon with rapid shooter, and a rotating ice container. Available at Toys”R”Us stores nationwide. ($79.99)
Available September 1 exclusively at shop.LEGO.com and LEGO Stores nationwide:
- NINJAGO City – build the ultimate NINJAGO City with this impressively detailed three-level model featuring a traditional fish market, sewer outlet, house with dining room and bedroom, robot service station, taxi stand, sliding elevator, modern fashion store, construction site with bonsai tree, comic book stand, crab restaurant, ATM, radio tower, modern rooftop sushi bar with conveyor belt and Lloyd Garmadon and Koko’s apartment, plus 16 minifigures. ($299.99)
Available December 1
- garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! – fans help Lloyd save hotdog guy and braces girl from the Garmadon Shark Mech, which features two opening cockpits, snapping jaws, posable legs and feet and two spring-loaded shooters. Available exclusively at Toys”R”Us stores nationwide. ($79.99)
The Feature Film
A new animated adventure in Warner Bros. Pictures’ LEGO franchise, The LEGO NINJAGO® Movie stars Dave Franco, Justin Theroux, Michael Peña, Fred Armisen, Kumail Nanjiani, Abbi Jacobson, Zach Woods, Olivia Munn, and the legendary Jackie Chan.
In this big-screen NINJAGO adventure, the battle for NINJAGO City calls to action young Master Builder Lloyd, aka the Green Ninja, along with his friends, who are all secret ninja warriors. Led by Master Wu, as wise-cracking as he is wise, they must defeat evil warlord Garmadon, The Worst Guy Ever, who also happens to be Lloyd’s dad. Pitting mech against mech and father against son, the epic showdown will test this fierce but undisciplined team of modern-day ninjas who must learn to check their egos and pull together to unleash their inner power of Spinjitzu.
The LEGO NINJAGO Movie is directed by Charlie Bean, Paul Fisher and Bob Logan. The screenplay is by Bob Logan & Paul Fisher & William Wheeler & Tom Wheeler and Jared Stern & John Whittington, story by Hilary Winston & Bob Logan & Paul Fisher & William Wheeler & Tom Wheeler and Dan Hageman & Kevin Hageman, based on LEGO Construction Toys.
The LEGO NINJAGO Movie is produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who previously collaborated on the worldwide box-office phenomenon The LEGO Movie, along with Maryann Garger (Flushed Away) and Chris McKay (The LEGO Batman Movie). The executive producers are Seth Grahame-Smith, Jill Wilfert, and Keith Malone, with John Powers Middleton serving as co-producer.
From Warner Bros. Pictures and Warner Animation Group, in association with LEGO System A/S, a Lin Pictures/Lord Miller/Vertigo Entertainment Production, The LEGO NINJAGO Movie will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. www.legoninjagomovie.com