Princess Cruises, experience a new immersive cultural Caribbean experience
Beginning this summer, Princess Cruises guests sailing to the colorful Caribbean will experience a new immersive cultural experience with the”Rhythm of the Caribbean,” offering an authentic dive into island life. From the moment guests step aboard their Caribbean cruise, they will be swept away in the lively spirit of the islands with enticing cuisine, signature cocktails, exhilarating entertainment, enrichment and authentic regional experiences.
Guests can also take advantage of insider tips on must-do excursions at each port, dance beneath the stars to vibrant Caribbean rhythms and immerse themselves in one-of-a-kind cultural activities – from concerts to crafts, to enthralling presentations from local experts like shark and treasure hunters.
“Rhythm of the Caribbean” launches aboard Caribbean Princess in May 2018 and is scheduled to roll out to additional ships for the upcoming fall/winter Caribbean season. Offerings include:
- Caribbean Festival – presented in association with Princess Cruises’ “Festivals of the World,” the spirit of the Caribbean comes to life onboard as guests celebrate the local sights, sounds, and vibrant energy of the tropical islands with themed parties, enriching activities and lively musical performances.
- Authentic Island Cuisine – savor the diverse fusion of flavors drawn from the Caribbean’s coasts, with dishes like Jamaican jerk chicken, delicious red snapper, creole black mussels, Puerto Rican mofongo, pineapple crème brulée and more.
- Colorful Caribbean Cocktails – from rum punch to tropical coolers, colorful coladas, refreshing mojitos and more, Princess Cruises is planning to combine the history of the region with locally inspired ingredients to create not just a Caribbean cocktail, but an adventure in a glass. Guests can even indulge in a regional rum tasting.
- Party Like a Local -sail away with an exciting high-energy party hosted poolside on the top deck – complete with live music, thrilling performers and lush cocktails. Or spend a night dancing under the vast Caribbean-starred sky at the Terrace Pool Gold Party – inspired by the tales of treasure-laden pirate ships and sunken gold.
- Parrots in the Piazza – meet local parrots and macaws up close and personal in the ship’s Atrium while learning fun and interesting facts about their habits and habitat.
- Indoor Planetarium Experience – Princess Cruises and Discovery at SEA invite guests on a voyage to the stars. Venture into the night sky and view constellations, the moon, planets and spectacular galaxies from the Caribbean night sky.
- Stories from Deep Sea Explorers – meet real life treasure and shipwreck hunters onboard as they share first-hand tales of their incredible adventures exploring the Caribbean by boat, investigating legends of lost treasure and recovery operations. Or gain a greater understanding about the fascinating lives of the feared, yet highly misunderstood, apex predators of the sea during an onboard encounter from a real-life shark diver, Martin Graff (on select voyages).
- Pirate-Themed Activities – young landlubbers will enjoy some swashbucklin’ fun as they learn how to talk like a pirate, dress like a pirate, and even dance like a pirate during a themed party for the whole family.
Princess sails year-round to the Caribbean, with a variety of cruises roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale. More information about the “Rhythm of the Caribbean” and cruises can be found at www.princess.com/caribbean.