Dead Maze, Zombie MMO on Steam
The end of the world begins with the global launch of the free-to-play, Zombie MMO Dead Maze on Steam. Following a successful closed beta period, independent French developer Atelier 801 (Transformice) opens the doors to Dead Maze, and invites players to join forces to reclaim a world overrun by the undead.
In Dead Maze, cooperation takes center stage. Join thousands of players working together to explore a devastated Western United States. Fight against the constant threat of the undead, scavenge what you can to survive, craft crucial supplies and weapons – and ultimately rebuild society with friends.
With the launch of Dead Maze, players can discover the destroyed world of the zombie MMO, build their own home and craft their own supplies, team up with their friends and battle the dozens of different types of infected, using over 500 different items and weapons.
Key Features Include:
- Cooperation is Key: Join forces with fellow survivors to explore high-risk, high-reward instances in a ravaged modern world.
- Over 500+ Weapons: From kitchen knives to old undergarments, nearly every item can be used as a weapon, scavenged for valuable parts, or combined to craft useful items.
- Hordes of Undead: The infected work together and will gather before attacking. They come in many different shapes and sizes, from violently exploding infected capable of attracting even more undead, to bosses able to project more infected towards you.
- Establish your Camp: Build and furnish your personal home. Plant seeds and tend to vegetable gardens, upgrade your water collector to stay hydrated, or breed cattle to gain access to extra food resources, such as milk.
- Survive and Thrive: The undead aren’t the only threat. Hunger, thirst, and injuries must be managed. Ration your food and drinks, and monitor your health carefully using original survival mechanics.
- Bloody and Beautiful: The apocalypse never looked this good! Attention to detail and vibrant color pours through every pixel of Dead Maze’s handcrafted zones, as players explore bombed out malls and military facilities from a 2D isometric perspective.
- An Unforgettable Story: Experience a compelling story and campaign spanning a fictionalized version of the Western United States. Over 22 major longform quests will find players traveling from the suburbs of Sacramento to the beaches of Bodega Bay.
- More to Come: Atelier 801 has plans to continue supporting Dead Maze post-launch with new and exciting content from additional story-driven campaign quests to the upcoming map editor, which allows players to create and share their own adventures – and share them with the community.
About Dead Maze
Dead Maze is a free-to-play 2D isometric MMO game emphasizing player cooperation during the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse in the Western United States. In order to survive, players need to work together to explore what is left of the world after the cataclysmic events of the zombie outbreak, monitor their health and food, scavenge for resources, and craft as many life-saving supplies as possible. Guided by a strong narrative and a distinctive visual style, players can use everyday items to battle danger that comes in many forms, from a range of unique, powerful enemy types to massive hordes working together to attack at will. Dead Maze is developed by Atelier 801.