Petco Shares Gift Ideas and Tips
The holiday season is a wonderful time of year to make memories and celebrate with loved ones—and that definitely includes our pets. Our furry, scaly, finned and feathered family members provide loving companionship all year long and the holiday season is no exception.
Petco has everyone covered with unique gift ideas and fun ways to celebrate the holidays alongside pets as well as tips and advice to keep them healthy and safe during the busiest time of the year.
From the exclusive Howliday PupBox to holiday-inspired stocking-stuffer toys and accessories, Petco is the one-stop shop for pet parents looking for great holiday gifts.
- PupBox: Petco and PupBox have come together and launched the first-ever PupBox Holiday Box. This box is a festive bundle of toys, treats and holiday training tips, making it the perfect gift for any pup or pet parent on your list. You can order a holiday box or sign up for a monthly PupBox subscription at petco.com/pupbox.
- Holiday-Inspired Products: Petco and Unleashed by Petco’s holiday-inspired toys, treats and accessories are the classic way to share the season with our pets. The festival of lights dog neck tie, get your jingle on dog bandanna and snow day fair isle cat trapper hat are great accessories for the pet who wants to make a statement. For the pup who enjoys a little tug-o-war, the spin-n-nosh rope and plush dog toy will make an exciting gift. Other popular products this year include flask plush dog toy, get toasted plush dog toy, and feathered jingle bell cat toy set.
- Gifts to Fit Home Décor – Harmony Beds and Bowls: Petco has really focused on creating pet accessories that add visual appeal to home décor. For trend-forward pet parents looking to add a little sparkle, the navy and white striped ceramic and navy and white confetti dog bowls will brighten any room. For the feline lover, the mint eat and drink ceramic bowls and the bucket style grey felt and wicker with faux fur insert cat beds create a whimsical place for cats to eat and sleep.
- Modern Luxe Collection: Petco’s new collection Modern Luxe beds, bowls and accessories for cats and dogs highlight the latest design trends with rose gold and metallic accents. Top sellers include the fleece pet and pillow set, pink knit lounger and pom-pom cat teaser toy.
- Heritage Pets: This comfy and cozy winter-inspired collection features beds, throw blankets, collars, leashes and accessories that will add holiday spirit to any home.
- Star Pet Fans Collection: The Last Jedi: A Star Wars Movie will be hitting theaters soon. Pet parents can fuel their Star Wars passion with Star Wars toys, collars, leashes, apparel and more. Popular products include X-Wing fighter rope dog toy, LED lightsaber dog toy and Han Solo and Princess Leia mice cat toys.
Make this holiday season that much brighter by including your pet in these festive do-it-yourself (DIY) crafts.
- Get Festive with Your Pet: For pet parents looking to get in the holiday spirit with their furry family members, the naughty and nice scarfs set and Santa’s helpers hat and antler set will be the highlight of any holiday get-together.
- Photos with Santa: For pet parents looking to create a special memory and get an adorable keepsake with their pets, Petco’s annual Photos with Santa on Dec. 9 and Dec. 16 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. local time is a great way to spread holiday cheer. For a donation of $9.95, pet parents and pets can strike a post with Santa, with 100 percent of proceeds benefitting animals in need through the Petco Foundation.
- DIY Crafts: Pet parents wanting a sweet and simple way to include their pup in baking delectable holiday treats can try the snowflake peanut butter dog treats. Other activities and crafts include a paw print ornament, personalized pet gift in a jar, dog leash hook and how to make a dog cookie mix-in-a-jar. For recipes and directions, visit petco.com/holiday.
When it comes to seasonal décor and festive meals, Petco shares tips and advice to help keep pet safety top-of-mind during the holiday season.
- When decorating, avoid glass ornaments and tinsel, which can be harmful to pets if broken or ingested. Toxic plants such as mistletoe, pine needs and poinsettias should be kept out of pets’ reach.
- Never give pets table scraps like turkey skin, bones, walnuts or sweets. Instead, give your pets fun, holiday treats made specifically for them.
- If you suspect your pet may have accidentally ingested any of these foods, contact your veterinarian, PetCoach or pet poison helpline immediately. PetCoach is a trusted website that offers pet care information as well as 24/7 online health and wellness consultation from trusted veterinarians in real time.
Along with seasonal gifting, consumers can help give pets in need the gift of a loving home this holiday season through the Petco Foundation and Nature’s Variety Instinct’s All For Holiday Homes fundraising campaign Nov. 18 through Dec. 24. Animal lovers can support this lifesaving initiative by donating at the register at any Petco or Unleashed by Petco store or online at petcofoundation.org.
For additional information on Petco’s assortment of holiday-inspired products, PupBox, and DIY crafts, visit petco.com/holiday.