Gryphon House Releases The Encyclopedia of Infant and Toddler Activities, revised
Gryphon House, Inc.’s best-selling infant and toddler activity book just got a major makeover. The Encyclopedia of Infant and Toddler Activities, revised, will build on the classic original, with new activities, explorations, tips and brain research to enhance teachers’ understanding of the children’s development.
Thousands of early childhood professionals, caregivers and parents have made The Encyclopedia of Infant and Toddler Activities their go-to resource for lesson planning. This revised edition will include:
- Information about rapid brain growth in the earliest years
- An outline of how infants and toddlers learn through active exploration
- Tips for developmentally appropriate environments for infants and toddlers
- Ideas for connecting with families
- Additional strategies and activities for supporting the development of language, social-emotional, cognitive, and motor skills
Early childhood educator and veteran researcher Donna Wittmer, PhD, revised the book.
“The revised activities in The Encyclopedia of Infant and Toddler Activities build on what made the original so powerful, with the additional activities and research-based developmental tips that teachers asked for,” Wittmer said. “Parents and teachers will love watching their little ones gain emergent literacy, math, and problem-solving skills.”
The Encyclopedia of Infant and Toddler Activities, revised, will be widely available September 1, 2017.