The Grimsworth Reports: Woodfall, Playable demo now on Game Jolt
Jenito announces the title for their upcoming 2D adventure game, The Grimsworth Reports: Woodfall. Jenito has also released the first playable demo of the game via Game Jolt (link at page bottom).
A dark, rainy summer night. A sleepy town with a skeleton in every closet. A bloody crime scene with gory, horrifying cult symbols left on each wall. Grab a hot cup of tea, your favorite cozy blanket, and get ready to wrap-up in the mesmerizing, stupefying, horrifying world that is The Grimsworth Reports: Woodfall.
Chuck Grimsworth is a special government agent tasked with investigating reports of bizarre, unexplainable, and assumptively paranormal events. When a shaken and broken sheriff calls from the enchanted town of Woodfall requesting Chuck’s help the agent has little warning of what awaits him. Players will dive into the persona of Chuck Grimsworth, a down-to-earth investigator with a knack for getting himself into and out of trouble. From their first crime scene to their more personal revelations about the lives and mannerisms of Woodfall’s denizens, our real-world detectives will realize the truth: Woodfall has a dark and nasty secret underneath its plain and simple façade. But there’s more than just one mystery to solve in this town, and each decision you make and conversation you carry on brings with it the opportunity to open new game paths – and close other doors forever.
The Grimsworth Reports: Woodfall will be presented in a style similar to old-school point-and-click adventures but will be playable using the mouse, keyboard, or a trusty gamepad. Gameplay elements will include:
• Conversation trees where questions you ask and answers you provide can unlock alternate storylines and content – often while closing the door on other in-game paths
• Three different game endings
• Multiple “extra” in-game locations and discoveries to increase replayability
• A “universal score tracker” that tells you how close you are to unlocking every possible game ending and major event
• A unique and atmospheric art style presented on a stunning 1920×1080 canvas
• A soft, serene, and sometimes chilling background soundtrack
Jenito is an independent developer based in Georgia, USA. To date we’ve released both Super Mega Bob and Septic Savages on Steam. We have also released Pizza Delivery: The Game, a free 3D experience designed in Unreal 4, and Jumpy Goo, a free Android game available through Google Play.
Demo available at: http://jenito.com/the-grimsworth-reports-woodfall