Listen: Five Simple Tools to Meet Your Everyday Parenting Challenges by Patty Wipfler and Tosha Schore M.A
Hear What Kids Are Really Saying When They Whine, Cry and Tantrum.
- How does listening when a child needs to cry help them heal?
- How does five minutes of uninterrupted time a day with a child transform the adult/child relationship?
- How does play build kids’ confidence, resilience and grit?
- How can parents set clear limits calmly on everything from screen time to chores to sharing?
In Listen: Five Simple Tools to Meet Your Everyday Parenting Challenges Patty Wipfler and Tosha Schore M.A. answer these questions and more with a positive parenting approach that helps parents to build strong, lifelong connections with their children. Now available on Audible, Amazon and iTunes and read in the soothing and reassuring voice of author Patty Wipfler, Listen offers parents the know-how and confidence to strengthen their connection with their child.
LISTEN offers a practical understanding of children’s emotions and provides effective tools to handle those challenging moments. LISTEN introduces parents to five simple, practical skills even the busiest parent can use. These tools will help parents strengthen their connection with their child and build their child’s intelligence, cooperation, and ability to learn as they grow. In her 40-year experience working with children, Patty has discovered when families connect, tantrums, refusals, whining, and other parenting challenges diminish.
Readers and listeners are shown how putting children’s needs first can regulate emotions and reduce their own tensions and anger. Parents discover how to set clear limits, use play in parenting, and learn why crying is a child’s fear release coping strategy best guided with loving attention. Wipfler explains, “I saw listening was a way of giving love that was powerful and respectful. And in the end, it got things done.” Tools that foster understanding, empathy, and calm replace the need for time-outs and punishments.
Dozens of real-life scenarios and anecdotes show parenting as loud, messy, and authentic, giving an in-depth view of each tool and ways it can be used. LISTEN is packed with solutions for a huge array of common parent stressors including tantrums, clinginess, potty training, sibling rivalry, sharing squabbles, food battles, and evening meltdowns. Wipfler also provides strategies for those more deep-rooted issues, including aggression, sleep anxiety, and fear.
Five surprising things parents will learn:
- You don’t have to reward or punish willful children to get them to cooperate.
- Aggressive kids are frightened kids, and there are simple tools to ease their fear so they don’t need to lash out.
- Your willingness to just listen to crying or tantrums often is enough to heal a child’s fears and hurts.
- Safe play during which your kid becomes the boss can reveal his hidden feelings— and heal them too.
- Parents who regularly listen to one another’s struggles, without judging or advising, often clear so much toxic emotion that their children benefit greatly.
LISTEN is a roadmap to calm, confident parenting – whatever the challenge.
About the Authors
Patty Wipfler is the Founder and Program Director of Hand in Hand Parenting.
Co-Author Tosha Schore is a Hand in Hand Parenting Instructor and coach, author, educator, and speaker.
TITLE: Listen: Five Simple Tools to Meet Your Everyday Parenting Challenges
AUTHORS: Patty Wipfler and Tosha Schore, M.A.
PUBLICATION DATE: August 24, 2017
LENGTH: 13 hours, 27 minutes