Thanksgiving Turkey with a Creole Twist
Juicy, spicy and full of flavor. That’s how you’d describe each of these brand-new turkey recipes from Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Cuisine®. Seasoned both inside and out, the flavor combinations will make your mouth water even before you taste it. Whether deep fried, oven roasted or smoked, you are guaranteed to spice up your Thanksgiving with Tony Chachere’s Injectable Marinades and Seasonings.
Tony Chachere’s has been a fixture for decades in kitchens across the nation, with a particular presence in the Southeast. While its authentic lines of Creole products are top-notch for all sorts of dishes, its marinades and seasonings are a must have for your Thanksgiving dinner.
TONY CHACHERE’S OVEN ROASTED TURKEY
1 14 Lb. Turkey
Tony Chachere’s Creole Butter Injectable Marinade
Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 – 3.5 Hours
Servings: 12 – 14
- Put oven rack on the lowest level and preheat to 325 degrees.
- Make sure turkey is completely thawed and pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove giblets from turkey.
- Inject the turkey with Tony Chachere’s Creole Butter Injectable Marinade. Use as much as you’d like and space out the injection sites so the marinade goes throughout the entire turkey.
- Lightly season the inside of the turkey with Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.
- Next, gently lift the skin of the bird up and use your hands to carefully massage Original Creole Seasoning under the skin.
- Coat the outside skin of the turkey with Original Creole Seasoning.
- Place turkey into a roasting pan and put in oven to roast for 3 – 3.5 hours, or until the meat thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove turkey from oven and cover loosely with foil.
- Allow turkey to sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.